Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pilot driving home to Dublin, Texas spots UFO




While driving home from Granbury to Dublin, Texas,  a pilot with 45 years experience reports observing a bright sphere in the afternoon sky.
 

Note: This report was submitted to MUFON.   I have edited it for spelling.

*
MUFON Case # 46393
Location of Sighting: Dublin, Texas
Date of Sighting:   03/24/2013
Time of Sighting:   02:30 PM
Viewing Distance: 501 Feet - 1 Mile
Sighting Duration:  00:01:00
Object Flight Path: Hovering then path,Straight-line path
Object Shape:    Sphere
Summary: Bright silver light; stationary then left to the S directly away from me at high rate of speed. pilot 45yrs, no aircraft.


Report:
Left work shortly after 2pm Sunday, 3/24 going home to Granbury,TX. from Stephenville. I take the back roads instead of Highway 377, the commonly used route because of heavy traffic on 377, for safety reasons. I was on CR305 close to the Erath/Hood county line. A very rural area and sparsely populated. Almost no traffic. About 1420hrs a very bright silver light to the south caught my eye. It appeared round but was so bright it was hard to tell. I appeared to be about a mile away, at 5000' above ground, stationary. I stopped my car and watched it for about one minute then it shot away almost directly away from me to the south so I lost sight in less than a second. I have been a licensed pilot for 45 years and this was no known aircraft. This was a sunny clear day so the brightness was really remarkable. I do not believe it was a reflection, again because of the level of brightness so that the light appeared to be emanating from the object. I was very interested and curious, I was not frightened.

          *******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...