Friday, October 7, 2011

Missouri UFO Sightings Keep Coming In - Makes the News

Witness' photo of reported UFO.


            *
I received an emailed report from a witness, who saw and recorded on video, the lights (or object) that was seen by so many people in Missouri.

Just what was it that so many people saw on the evening of October 4, 2011?


Here is that video and report:




            *

Kansas City, Missouri
October 4, 2011, 20:30



I do not believe in UFO’s as far as them being “aliens”. Unidentified flying objects, ok. Doesn’t mean they’re alien, but unidentified and unexplainable to some of us, like me. Not sure I’ve changed my mind about that, BUT …

Last night I saw something weird flying overhead and tonight I researched it and read several other reports of what must have been the same thing I saw. Here are the limited details I have:



It was about 8pm on October 4, 2011. I was driving alone, northbound on I-435 in Kansas City. When I first spotted it, I was a few miles south of I-70 and the Stadium Complex. It was off to my left (west) and headed towards me flying south. I fly commercial all the time, all over the world, and my dad was in the Air Force, so I grew up around planes.

What caught my attention was how big it was, now many “extra” lights it had, and how low it was flying. What the heck is that I wondered. Keep in mind I’m driving 65 mph and I can’t pull over and I was trying to watch it, but not have an accident either. As I got closer, I kept trying to identify it, and all I could see were the lights, I could not make out a shape. I thought the lights were too spread out to be any type of airplane I’d ever seen. It almost seemed like it had spokes coming out from the center, as I said I could not make out the shape of the craft at all, but the lights were in a pattern that suggested spokes, not a saucer shape, not triangular, and certainly not a standard airplane. I’m pretty sure there were different colors of lights, but the majority were white and they were brighter than the others, making it difficult to say what or how many colors there were or even how many.

Again at 65 mph, dividing my attention between the road and this object did not allow me the best observation. But , I could not keep from watching it, trying to figure out what it was. By the way, I don’t drink and I don’t do drugs, and I don’t take any medication.

About the time I was almost to the stadium, it turned and flew East towards the Stadium, probably just a little south of it. Flew right over me and kept going. And it wasn’t going real fast either. I tried to catch a glimpse of it out the right side window, to the East, but I lost sight of it.

I continued North wondering what I had seen. Just a little further along I saw it again this tome to the Northeast, it had evidently turned North. Then it turned West and was well ahead of me but still off to my East and clearly visible. All of a sudden it takes off going very fast and I see the “smoke” trails planes sometimes leave behind. I hadn’t seen any of these before when it was flying slow. It was one long big thick trail. The thing shot off to the West and I had it in my view the whole time.

I was just a little past the stadium, still headed North on I-435. When it crossed over  I-435 well ahead of me, the smoke trail still coming and hanging in the air all the way back to where it started, it turned South again, heading towards me again, and was now ahead of me on the left (West) side of I-435 again. It had just made a large circle from when I first spotted it.

It continued towards me and then turned East again and flew right over me, going slower again, the smoke trail had stopped. I took two pictures with my Droid camera, the first one complete junk and black and the second not much better. That was after I first spotted it and tried to get the camera ready while driving.

When it left my view for awhile the first time I didn’t think I’d see it again. But when I saw the smoke trail and knew it would be in sight for awhile, I got my phone back out and turned on the video camera. Again, me trying to drive and make a video with my cell phone at night, sure that’s going to work well.

Anyway, I watched the video and you can barely see it if you know where to look but it’s not recognizable, then I drove under an overpass and that’s about when it flew over me again. At the end of the video you can clearly see it, but it’s hard to make out much detail. You can first see it in the video in the lower right, it looks like a straight line of white lights at that point, but no plane or helicopter has a light configuration like that.

At about 11 seconds, it is heading south toward me and getting ready to turn and fly over me headed East. At 15-17 seconds you can see it more clearly and it looks then to have four sets of two lights each.  Made me think it was military jets flying in close formation, guess it could have been but why just one large plume of smoke instead of four.

The Stealth bombers are based at Whiteman, an hour from here, but I’ve seen them flying before and this did not look like one to me. Then it flew over me and I lost it and never saw it again. It does look similar to some of the other posts related to this same sighting.

At least I know I’m not crazy since so many other people saw it last night in the same area. Even though the pictures and video are lousy, I’ll attach them anyway.

P.S. I have a larger video file but it was too big for me to email.

 Regards,
[Name withheld by SW/LITS]



After emailing the witness, I received this reply:

When I first saw it all I saw was lights and that's what caught my attention. There were other colors besides white but I am not at all sure how many or what color. For sure some were red or orange. It seemed the arrangement and the number of lights was nothing I had ever seen. Twice the lights flew very close to me crossing my path from left to right. I could clearly tell it was not several small aircraft.


            *

       IN THE NEWS


UFO sightings reported in Missouri


KANSAS CITY, Mo., Oct. 7 (UPI) -- UFO experts in Missouri said strange lights were reported above Kansas City on three consecutive nights.

Margie Kay, assistant state director for the Mutual UFO Network, said Kansas City residents reported bright lights and hovering craft in the sky above the city Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night, WDAF-TV, Kansas City, reported.

"We do have other reports of very large craft hovering in different areas, and that's quite unusual because normal airplanes do not have that behavior. Helicopters do, but these are not described as helicopters," Kay said.

She said the organization spoke with area airport officials, who said some of the sightings could have been attributed to stunt planes in the area. However, she said many of the reports remain unexplained.

Read more

            *

KC UFO Sightings Explained?

Civilian Flight Team: We are the aliens in the sky

Fox4KC- Lamb said his team practices at night because the city lights illiminate the planes, and because the planes are in such close proximity, seeing each another is vital.

"We're not out sight seeing," Lamb said. "We're not looking at the ground, we're looking at each other."

Lamb said after his team learned of the conspiracy theories floating around Kansas City, he wanted to clear up any confusion. However, Lamb did admit he had a favorite theory.

"The best part was, I think it was a lady who said she saw us stop and hoover over Lee's Summit and then we apparently came at her at 400 miles an hour," Lamb said. "But we haven't quite mastered that yet. I don't think the laws of physics would allow us to do that."

The planes Lamb and his team flies are home-built experimental aircraft designed by Vans Aircraft with a wing span of approximately 24 feet. Lamb said during their flights, the planes' wings are typically three feet apart and are stacked approximately three to four feet above or below each other, causing the planes to appear like a single object from the ground.

Lamb said KC Flight is based out of Lee's Summit and is the largest civilian formation team in the area. They have performed for Johnson County Airport, Kansas City's downtown airport, the City of Grandview, Blue Springs High School, and numerous others. Pilots include Phillip Lamb, Dale Den Besten, Dan Frank, Bill Gill, Kevin Loseke, Mike Reyes, Keith Schult and Keith Vasey.

Since beginning in 2009, KC Flight has grown in popularity, especially now since they've been mistaken for aliens.


            *

[Editor's Note:  So which is the conspiracy theory?

I read the above news report, which caused the hair to stand up on my arms, my chest got tight and I felt my blood pressure rise to the boiling point.


First off, what business do stunt pilots have in flying "experimental" planes in low, tight formations,  over densely populated areas?

In the above news report, it states that Lamb's team flies "home- built experimental aircraft and that Lamb said "his team practices at night because the city lights illuminate the planes, and because the planes are in such close proximity, seeing each another is vital."

I don't know about you but that sounds too damn close over homes and businesses, especially for "home-built experimental aircraft"!

If this is the case, then all of those pilots need their licenses yanked and then fined out the wazoo!  They better thank God they didn't have an accident and kill innocent people on the ground.

I've flown a plane.  I personally know world championship stunt pilots. I would never, ever consider such a stupid act... and neither would they.

But if you buy into their cacamamie story, I have a bridge to sell you...
-SW]


            *

More Reports Submitted to MUFON

[These reports are "unedited".]


MUFON Case # 32398
Date:    2011-10-04
Time:   20:30
Status:    Assigned
City:    Lee's Summit
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Triangle
Duration: 00:30:00
Summary: UFO Observed Over Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, and Missouri

Report:
On the evening of October 4th, 2011 around 8:30 P.M. a buddy of mine and I were driving back from Blue Springs, MO towards Lee's Summit on Woods Chapel Road (Throught Fleming Park) when we observed a massive unidentified flying object hovering near the Lee's Summit Airport. The object was very large, probably over 100 foot in diameter and hovered about 300-500 feet above the ground. The object made several banking manuevers and could change speed and direction very quickly. At first we thought that it may have been several helicopters or planes flying in a tight pattern until the craft accelerated extremely quickly and at one point flew from our location at Woods Chapel and 470 several miles north towards I-70 and then came back south of our location in just a few seconds. The object flew over us at one point and appeared to be a true triangle shaoe and made absolutely no noise. The lights on the object were very odd and blinked and pulsated at random intervals. The top of the craft appeared to have white lights with several larger blue ones mingled in but when the craft banked, the bottom of it was covered in red lights of varying size and brightness. At one point all the lights went and we thought the craft had disappeared but in a few seconds they powered back on green but then gradually changed back to the colors described earlier. During the observation, a small plane or helicopter with a bright spotlight shared airspace very close to the craft and appeared to be pursuing the object. Once the object decided to accelerate, the smaller plane was unable to keep up. We observed the craft for the better part of 30 minutes and then it just disappeared. One other note, as the craft flew near the Lee's Summit Airport, a small plane took off from there and it looked like it nearly collided with the craft. Granted it is very difficult to judge distance and size at night with no true vantage points but what I have described above is how I saw it and has not been exaggerated. I have had the opportunity to see the Stealth Bomber fly during the day and at night, and though my initial conclusion was that it was probably that type of aircraft, the more I put everything together and replayed the events in my head, the more I felt this was truly an Unidetified flying object, and that I should share my experience on this website.


            *


MUFON Case # 32403
Date:    2011-10-04
Time:   20:06
Status:    Assigned
City:    Kansas City
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Boomerang,Chevron,Triangle
Distance: One mile or less
Summary: I-70 and Manchester Trafficway

Report:
I was headed to work, leaving my house a 2000hrs. As I was driving around the on-ramp from Manchester trafficway to I-70 Westbound I noticed a VERY large craft in the sky over 435 & I-70 intersection. There were blinking white lights blinking simultaneously on what seemed to be the outer edge. I was going to pull over and take a video of it but I would have been late for work so I just kept driving away from the object watching it in my rear view mirror until it was out of sight. The object seemed to be hovering periodically then moving at a slow rate and very low altitude. I called my wife and told her about what I saw and said, just wait, you will see this on the news pretty soon and voila, here are all of these people describing the same thing and Fox 4 news is going to report "strange lights in East Kansas city area" tonight!


            *

MUFON Case # 32406
Date:    2011-10-03
Time:   19:30
Status:    Assigned
City:    Lees Summit
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Blimp
Distance: One mile or less
Summary: ufo sighting in lees summit mo

Report:
Monday night my husband and three kids were driving around 730 at night and saw a weird large object far away with bright lights. i showed it to my husband and he said it was a spray plane. i said no way it is dark outside and the object is way too large and is over a city. we went inside a store to eat ice cream. my son was so scared he called his uncle and told him. we ate ice cream and came back outside. we were all looking for the object and saw it again. i drove closer to it, my husband and i dont believe in UFO's. we drove closer and it hovered over our car near down town lees summit mo. it had bright white lights and green flashing lights. my kids started crying and i started driving really fast. the object looked as large as a 747 or larger but was hovering so low. Again, I do not believe in UFO's but after that night i do. my husband and i tried to forget about the event. the next day i went onto the news website and didnt see any other reports. so we dismissed it. tonight on the news we saw all the other reports and now know 100% we saw a UFO!!!


            *

MUFON Case # 32407
Date:    2011-10-04
Time:   20:15
Status:    Assigned
City:    Raytown
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Triangle
Duration: 00:08:00
Distance: 500 feet or less
Summary: Huge Triangle UFO with 15-20 multi-colored lights on bottom flew directly over head

Report:
We were driving home to Raytown coming from Blue Springs on I-70. My wife was driving in a separate vehicle behind me. My 4 year old son was in the car with me. I looked to my left (south) approximately as we were approaching 291 hwy. and Independence mall. I noticed a horizontal line of very bright lights off in the distance. It appeared that some sort of aircraft was hovering in the distance, but it caught my attention because the lights were brighter and in higher quantity than a typical a airplane. I continued to drive, but kept looking out the window to keep an eye on the aircraft. As I approached Chiefs & Royals stadiums, I had somewhat lost track of it, when suddenly my 4-year old son spotted the aircraft and got my attention. At that point it was close enough that I could see the underside of the craft and I could tell the it was triangular in shape and had 15-20 lights on the bottom side. I then merged onto 435 south headed towards Raytown (right next to the stadiums), when all of a sudden the aircraft slowly flew directly over Chiefs stadium and directly over my head. It was only a few hundred feet above my head at most. The Chiefs stadium lights happened to be on although there was no event at the stadium that night from what I could tell. When the aircraft flew over my head I got a very good look at the enormous size of this aircraft and the bright multi-colored lights were unlike anything I had ever seen on an aircraft. The stadium lights also allowed me to see 3-4 streams of smoke coming from the back of the aircraft. However, the aircraft was completely silent when it flew over head. At this point, I was getting a bit nervous and/or excited because I had no idea what I was looking at. I have never been a believer in aliens or UFO's. I thought maybe it was a planned stadium fly over, but there was no event at Chiefs stadium, so that didn't make sense. My only other guess is that it was some sort of top-secret military aircraft considering that we have a couple of nearby air bases. I then exited onto 350 highway and entered Raytown, MO when my son again spotted the aircraft, which had done a 180 degree turn and circled back around. It was now flying east and then turned north and flew away from us back towards the stadiums. I was finally able to get my wife's attention and pointed it out to her as it was flying away. I went home for a brief moment, but then decided to chase it. I drove up to Chiefs stadium, but there was no sight of the aircraft. Within 30 seconds of arriving, they shut the lights off at Chiefs stadium. I have tried to pass this off as some military experiment, but I have bee on edge ever since the sighting. It's good to know others saw the same thing, but I just want to know what it was.


            *

MUFON Case # 32418
Date:    2011-10-03
Time:   20:00
Status:    Assigned
City:    Lees Summit
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Oval
Summary: ufo hovering over houses. very low but to low to be airplane or helicopter. Lots of flashing light such blue,green,yellow,red,white.

Report:
Me and My mother were coming home and was going around the round about at sampson when off to the right we seen what looked like to be a oval object flying real low to the ground. At first we just thought that it was just an airplane but it was flying way to low. but it wasnt moving very fast at all. I had made a joke about it beeing an ufo but i was just playing. Until the next day wasnt anything in the sky, until nightfall also around eight ish me and my mother saw it again for the secind time, this time it was kind of moving in the direction of 470 hgh way towards 350 hgh way. i still thought the same thing that maybe its nothing. Then today at work i heard som people say some things about it being on the news so i decided to share my story because i also saw the samething and its crazy if it turns out to bean ufo the whole time.


            *

MUFON Case # 32422
Date:    2011-10-04
Time:   20:05
Status:    Assigned
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Chevron
Distance: 500 feet or less
Summary:  multiple kansas city ufo sightings

Report:
U was at work looking up for some odd reason, just happened to catch my eye. I knew it was a ufo, considering i have past military secret clearance. It was tree elevation above a hill at my job about the size of at least 5 747s end to end with no sound. It was extremely slow moving and did a U turn right in front of me. Right after that all the animals of the woods headed to the top of the hill, it just left oddly enough. The second sighting was on 10-6-2011 when i was at home smoking outside still thinking about the first sighting, i flashed my high intensity flashlight at an object that looked like an aircraft with a banner to catch its attention, as soon as i flashed it the 'banner' disappeared and a few moments later the aircraft in front disappeared in a clear sky.


            *

MUFON Case # 32426
Date:    2011-10-04
Time:   19:50
City:    Kansas City
State:    Missouri
Shape:    Triangle
Distance: Over one mile
Summary: Large Bright Object Flying Slowly and Very Low Near Raytown MO

Report:
On Oct 3, at about 7:50 p.m. we were driving on 40 Highway west heading towards Noland Road to return to our home near Raytown. As we headed west on 40 Highway we saw off in the distance a rather large object with many lights. It was moving very slowly and we wondered what it was but didn't think much about it at the time since we only saw it for a short time. Then, the next evening, we were going out for an evening walk since the weather was so beautiful on October 4th around 8:00 p.m and saw the same object again. As we exited the house (we live up high on a bluff between Raytown and Lee's Summit, MO) we noticed unusually bright lights in the sky and I said that I wondered what that was since it was moving extremely slow and looked very large. Then all of a sudden, it appeared to separate so then I thought it was three separate planes but just as fast as it separated it went back together as one and headed northeast. I wonder now if it looked like it separate but in fact had just turned vertically. We continued to wonder what it was but went on with our walk as it continued across the horizon. When we got about 3 blocks from the house, we again observed the large brightly lit object in the sky and as we walked it moved very slowly and seemed to hover at times. The lights would change sometimes being horizontal and other times being vertical, sometimes solid and other times blinking. When we got to a cul-de-sac which sits on a bluff, we stood in someone's driveway and watched the object in amazement. It was off on the horizon and appeared to be over the Raytown area. At one point it appeard to make a 180 degree turn and go the other way. The lights appeared to triangular in shape when it would turn a certain way. When it was the nearest to us we commented that it was making no sound. My friend commented that maybe it was some kind of blimp since there was no sound. As we were standing there, the person whose driveway we were standing in came home and we pointed the object out to them. The guy jokingly said it was a UFO and we laughed and agreed. As we started to walk we heard some noise and then saw a helicopter but the object had disappeared. We ran into some other neighors who said they had seen it while they were walking in the parking lot of the Teetering Rocks Golf Course. We all agreed it was like nothing we had ever seen but had no idea what we had seen. After reading all these other sightings, I decided I would report what we saw. It was never as close to us as others have reported but our description would be very similar to the others that have been reported.


            *********************************************

1 comment:

  1. I just read about all these sightings dating way back 2011 well since then there are 7 more of those things in the sky hovering in a circle above me. I live in Independence. I dont believe its local pilots experimenting. I think its military collecting data There have been 7 amendments of class D airspace at 7 airports on the federal register aviation. I think their protecting something or maybe this is surveillance. this is breaking ground for whats to come for entire country.

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...