Friday, December 3, 2010

UFO Reports from around the U.S.



Georgia- Objects/Lights over parts of Georgia

MUFON Case # 26770
Date/Time: 2010-11-28 11:45
Location: Madison, Georgia
Shape:    Blimp,Oval,Saturn-like
Description: Bright light hovering above the trees.

Report:
We had been at a friends house outside Madison, GA, for dinner and stayed to watch a football game. After the game there were 9 of us standing outside talking and getting ready to leave. The time was approximately 11:45 PM.

The owner of the house noticed an extremely bright light in the sky just above the treeline that, at first, seemed stationary at an approximate distance of one to two miles (best estimate without knowing the exact size of the object). The light began to move slowly, at times getting closer but moving on a northwesterly course. We observed the object for approximately 15 minutes before it disappeared behind the far treeline. It was clearly not an airplane or helicopter, but we thought it might be a blimp. However, there were no collision lights visible on the object, only bright whitish-blue lights covering what appeared to be the length of the object. The object seemed to glow.

When viewing it through binoculars, the object appeared to have a dome-like structure on the top and a glowing ring encircling the bottom of the object. We could hear no sound coming from the object as it moved.

The overwhelming reaction from everyone was that it was like nothing anyone of us had ever seen before. A couple of us kept saying that it had to be a blimp, simply because that was the only thing we knew of that would be moving at that speed and altitude. Several people thought we should call the police, but we decided not to for the sake of seeming like we were crazy. My wife, son and I had about a 65 min drive home. When we got home she was still so shaken that she did not want to go into the house alone or go outside when I took our dogs out.

At 12:01 AM a friend in Monroe, GA, approximately 15 miles to the northwest of the location from which we observed the object, sent us a text message that she had just seen the same object pass overhead. Her description of the object was similar to our observation - an oval object with what appeared to be a ring around it moving slowly with bright lights covering it.



MUFON Case # 26769
Date/Time: 2010-11-28 00:00 GMT
Location: Conyers, Georgia
Shape:    Blimp,Egg,Oval,Sphere
Summary: Sighting over Conyers, GA around 12am on November 28 2010

Report:
Driving along Salem Road from Interstate 20 towards Brown Bridge Road. Object caught my eye because it was too big to be a plane, the shape was different and the lighting was solid. The shape was blimp like, but the shape was almost like a domed serving platter. the object first appeared to be hovering and then it was moving off towards the West (I think). I was trying to drive and keep the object in my view. I did stop and try to get a better look, but then the trees blocked my sight. It was also moving away from me and getting smaller.

As I lost site, I got back on Salem Road and turned onto Brown Bridge Road heading towards Mcdonough. I caught site of the object again but it was moving away and the trees were blocking my view. I tried to keep up with it and eventually lost it completely.

I remember feeling like I could not be the only one seeing this. I thought about it just being a blimp, but the time and the look did not make me believe it was anything short of abnormal. After arriving home, I searched the skies without any luck. I immediately searched the internet to see if anyone had reported seeing it. I know that I saw something other than an ordinary aircraft.

I regret not having a camera available to get a picture.


*            *            *


Wyoming- Photo of Disc-like object

MUFON Case #  26781
Date/Time: 2006-07-16 09:23 GMT
Status:    Submitted
State:    Wyoming
Shape:    Bullet/Missile,Circle,Disc
Duration: 00:01:00
Summary: took 2 pictures within less than a minute of each other; first was normal, the second had fast-moving, disk-like object in it

Report:
I was with my family in The Grand Tetons about four to five years ago when i was 11 (i am now 16). We were at a lake there and i wanted to take a picture of the mountains behind the water. So, I took two pictures; both within the same minute and probably only a few seconds apart.

The first picture shows a wide view of the lake, including the portion that is the second picture, and has no objects that resemble the significant object in the second picture.

The second picture is altogether a different picture in which I had the same angle as the first, only I zoomed the camera in a little and took the picture only a few seconds after. You'll notice that in the second picture there is an apparently fast-moving, rounded disc-like object in the sky. This object didn't appear anywhere in the first picture, which is strange considering the larger view and the fact that it was only taken a few seconds earlier.

I hadn't noticed the image until later in the trip (I hadn't reviewed the pictures until later) when we put the pictures on the computer and viewed them all. The pictures interested my family and me, but we never did anything about them.

The third picture I enclosed is just a magnification of the section in the second picture of the object. That's the most clarity my computer can give me at the amount of magnification that I did; at least to my knowledge. I wish there were some way that i knew of to enhance the photos, but I have neither the technology or the resources.

Attached Photos:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3



*            *            *

Tuscumbia, Alabama - Pilots report an unidentified light

MUFON Case #  26806
Date/Time: 2010-11-29 01:00
City:    Tuscumbia
State:    Alabama
Shape:    Star-like
Duration: 00:35:00
Distance: Over one mile
Location: Farmland
Terrain: Hills
Visibility: Clear
Weather: None
Summary: High altitude, stationary, flashing object.

Report:
Stepped outside at 12:45 am for a smoke before going to bed. I am a professional pilot and somewhat of an amateur astronomer. As is my habit, I scanned the sky for aircraft and identified Jupiter, Pleiades. Taurus, Orion, Betelgeuse, Sirius, etc. It was then that I noticed a flash of an approximare magnitude of Sirius about 15 degrees SE of Betelgeuse near Procyon.

The object was staionary and remained so at an extreme altitude, well above the flight levels. The light was white in color and flashed at intervals of 9 to 9.5 seconds with each flash about 1 to 2 seconds in duration. The light was well defined in shape, being circular and unlike any aircraft anti-collision lights.

After watching this object for 15 minutes I went inside to wake my wife and retreive my binoculars. My wife is also a professional pilot and she witnessed the remainder of the observation.

Back outside, I trained my 9X binos on the object. Procyon was just visible inside the field-of-view and allowed me to determine that the object was not moving relative to that star. I offered the binos to my wife and noticed that with the naked eye the object was not as bright as before. After 5 more minutes it was not visible to the naked eye. I continued to observe through the binos until 1:20 am when bands of cirrus began to obstuct the view completely. Total duration of the observation was :35 minutes.

My wife and I have many decades and many, many thousands of hours aloft in everything from biplanes to big Boeings. We are certain this was no aircraft. Perhaps it was a slowly rotating satellite with the sun glinting off a mirrored surface. It was strange and we wish we had a better idea of what it was.

*            *            *

Morrison, Colorado - Blue lights and a possible intruder reported

MUFON Case # 26834
Date/Time: 2010-12-03 23:30
City:    Morrison
State:    Colorado
Shape:    Flash,Sphere,Other,Unknown
Duration: 00:05:00
Distance: 100 feet or less
Entity Type: Other
Vallee Index: AN1
Summary: 5 blue balls of light flash in back yard followed by something inside the house

Report:
My parents are out of town for the week so they asked me to house sit for them, so I headed up to their house in the mountains with my dog (extremely smart Australian Shepard) after work at around 10:00 pm. At 11:30 I went into the kitchen to make something to eat and as I was washing my hands at the sink I saw 2 flashes of blue light through the sliding glass door in the back yard out of the corner of my eye. I didnt think much of it and went over to the stove.

So now Im facing the sliding glass window and as I look up I see another flash except this time its in my direct vision and my dog sees it too, perks her ears up and starts growling. As I stand there, kind of in shock, I see 2 more flashes all within 15-20 seconds of each other. So as my dog and I are standing there staring out the into the darkness, after what felt like maybe a minute after seeing the lights, both my dog and I hear a loud bang come from one of the bedrooms upstairs.

I immediately call 911 and head straight into my mom and dads room to grab a gun. Dispatch tells me to stay in the room and hide somewhere to wait for the police to arrive and not even 30 seconds later I hear the police cars pull into the driveway so I put the gun away and crawl out the window to meet them (yes I grabbed my dog too). The officers searched the house and the surrounding area for a good 20 minutes and find nothing.

Here's where it gets weird, as Im telling one of the officers about the lights 2 other officers, who were standing over at thier car talking to each other, immediatley walk over to me and start asking me questions about them, what did they look like, what color were they, what shape were they, ect... So I ask the officers why they're so interested and they tell me that they have had numerous calls throughout the past year regarding the exact same thing, and apparently another officer (who wasnt there) had seen them recently too.

Now keep in mind that this area is in the Denver metro foothills where every house sits on about and acre of land and in my parents case, the nearest house is over a mile away and the back yard is litteraly a forest. But its now 1:05 am as Im writing this and I havent heard or seen a single thing since the police arrived about an hour ago.

What I thought the lights were at first, was that it was a flashlight from someone trespassing, then once I heard the bang I thought for sure that they had broken in. Only when I saw that look on the officers face when I was describing it did I realize this was something else.

Thinking back to it now it doesnt make any sense that it would be a flashlight because when the flashes would occur it had no motion, the light was solid. The lights would just shine in place for a second or two, then go away. And the bang sound, I really dont know how to describe. It was as if someone dropped a heavy box or something in one of the bedrooms, and to be honest Im still to affraid to go in there and see if anything is out of place.

I dont know why I even got on here and wrote this, I just remembered seeing this organization on 9news a long time ago and thought that this might interest you. Anyways, that was my experience tonight.

*            *            *

Needles. Arizona, California - Bright light seen flying towards ground
MUFON Case #  26838
Date/Time:   2010-07-24 04:25
City:    Needles,  Arizona
Region:    California
Summary:  Very bright light coming out of sky toward the ground.   

Report:
On July 24th I met my friend Doug at Moabi Park to go fishing. We launched the boat & was about a 1/2 mile past the bridge on interstate 40 when I looked up & saw a big light comming down at about a 90 degree angle & I yelled at Doug,"Look" & we watched it come down at a very fast speed & the light was about 1000 feet from the ground it faded in color & disappeared from sight.

The light came down right over interstate 40. This was only about 1/2 mile away from us, very clear to us. Doug said what was that! I said that was a ufo because we don't have anything like that.This all happened in about 15 second.

There was traffic on Interstate 40 so I presume somebody else saw it to, they would have to be going west tho.

*            *            *

Note:  Reports are "as is", unless otherwise specified.  To read original reports, please click on case numbers. - SW

***************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Another sighting close to Conyers in Walnut Grove on 11/8/2010 and 11/9/2010. This sighting is on the mufon site and has photos attached.

    The post is as follows:

    On the night of 11-8-2010 I was coming home from town. As I pulled in the driveway I noticed 3 bright lights in a diagonal line over the trees across the field. I stopped and looked but kept driving. As I went further down the driveway I was trying to figure out what I had seen. I backed the car up and parked in the field and watched. When I got back down the driveway the top light had now moved down and the lights were now in a triangular formation. They were very bright and appeared to be very close and low, just over the trees it seemed. They hoovered in the same spot for about 15 minutes and then one just faded out.Then a few minutes later the second faded away. Then the third. The next night 11-9-2010, I was coming home around the same time, but this time I had my nephew with me. We saw what appeared to be the same lights hoovering in the same location and as before they hung around for at least 15 minutes. We drove over to the next driveway on the other side of the field to see if we could tell what the object(s) were but all we could see were the lights. As before, one by one they just faded away. I've been out to the field several nights and just sat and watched, but there has been nothing out there since those two nights. From what I am reading, there are reports of sightings in several surrounding counties in the last two weeks. Conyers, Covington, Monroe, Madison and some further out.. Two sightings in Clayton County and I believe one more but I don't recall the county. Also, there was a report of a sonic boom as reported in the AJC that was heard around Carrol, Douglas and Harelson Counties. Very strange.

    In the pictures I've attached, there is a bright light at the bottom of the photo and a smaller light to the right. The light to the right is our neighbors street light and the light to the left is a reflection off of a license plate. The lights at the top of the photo are those that appeared to be hoovering in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sighting close to Conyers in Walnut Grove. This sighting is on the mufon site and has photos attached.

    The post is as follows:

    On the night of 11-8-2010 I was coming home from town. As I pulled in the driveway I noticed 3 bright lights in a diagonal line over the trees across the field. I stopped and looked but kept driving. As I went further down the driveway I was trying to figure out what I had seen. I backed the car up and parked in the field and watched. When I got back down the driveway the top light had now moved down and the lights were now in a triangular formation. They were very bright and appeared to be very close and low, just over the trees it seemed. They hoovered in the same spot for about 15 minutes and then one just faded out.Then a few minutes later the second faded away. Then the third. The next night 11-9-2010, I was coming home around the same time, but this time I had my nephew with me. We saw what appeared to be the same lights hoovering in the same location and as before they hung around for at least 15 minutes. We drove over to the next driveway on the other side of the field to see if we could tell what the object(s) were but all we could see were the lights. As before, one by one they just faded away. I've been out to the field several nights and just sat and watched, but there has been nothing out there since those two nights. From what I am reading, there are reports of sightings in several surrounding counties in the last two weeks. Conyers, Covington, Monroe, Madison and some further out.. Two sightings in Clayton County and I believe one more but I don't recall the county. Also, there was a report of a sonic boom as reported in the AJC that was heard around Carrol, Douglas and Harelson Counties. Very strange.

    In the pictures I've attached, there is a bright light at the bottom of the photo and a smaller light to the right. The light to the right is our neighbors street light and the light to the left is a reflection off of a license plate. The lights at the top of the photo are those that appeared to be hoovering in the sky.

    December 3, 2010 6:07 PM
    Add profile picture
    Change image Select image to upload

    From the web
    This image will be added to your Blogger profile and will appear next to new comments.


    Word verification

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...