Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fire and Clouds- Two UFO Reports

Two totally different, yet equally interesting reports were recently submitted to MUFON.  Though miles apart, both sightings occurred on February 19, 2010.

From a tear-shaped cloud that appeared to contain more than water vapor, to a bright light that caused a tree to burst into flames, these two reports may have more in common than the mere fact that they were witnessed on the same day and reported to the same agency.

What lurks in our skies that can so often illicit such a differing range of emotions?  For some witnesses these sightings are awe inspiring, while others experience fear and bewilderment.

We continue to seek answers to these questions and so much more. 

One answer is becoming more clear:  We are not alone.
-SW

*      *      *

MUFON Case # 21940
Date/Time: 01/19/2010 17:30
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Shape:    Teardrop,Unknown
Summary: Teardrop Moving cloud with dark shape in center moving east at sunset


Report:
I walked out onto my deck in Harrisburg Pennsylvania as the sun was setting.

As I looked at the sun setting, I noticed only one cloud could be seen in the sky just above and to the left of the sunset. However the cloud moved at a consistent speed from west to east.

In the center of the teardrop shaped cloud was a dark shape. I believe the sunset caused the cloud and shape in the center to be visible.

It could have been a man made vehicle, but it definitely was under control and was definitely enclosed with a teardrop shaped cloud.

*      *      *

MUFON Case # 21941
Date/Time: 02/19/2010 07:50
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Shape:    Flash
Summary: flash of light followed by the top of a tree catching fire




Report:
I was driving down 435 going west changing lanes to take highway 10 to DeSoto. There was a bright light on the eastbound lanes. I thought it might be a giant truck with bright, bright lights about the size and brightness of 25 headlights. There was an accompanying humming sound.

Then the top of a tree in the middle of all the highways burst into flames and as I drove by, it continued to burn.

Then the light was gone.

I just drove on to work and everybody else kept driving too.

So did anybody else see this?

I was startled by the light and the fire. I thought everyone saw it but was ignoring it. I was a little scared but I just drove on to work, like everyone else. When I drove by the spot after work, I didn't think about the spot and didn't look for the tree. :(

*      *      *

Reports contain few corrections.  See original reports by clicking on the corresponding case numbers.

Depictions by SW- LITS

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...